Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce
These quick and easy Instant Pot
baby back ribs are really tender and delicious. The cinnamon and rosemary in
the dry rub complements the flavors in this savory Dark
Cherry BBQ Sauce, but the flavors pair well with just
about any barbeque sauce you prefer.
Tip: Place the ribs under a hot broiler after cooking in the Instant Pot for a mouth-watering, caramelized crust.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes + time to come to pressure
Dry Rub Ingredients:
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. chili powder
1 t. dried rosemary
1 t. ground cumin
½ t. cinnamon
¼ t. cayenne pepper
½ t. smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2½ – 3 lbs. baby back ribs
1 c. beef stock (or water)
Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce* (or BBQ sauce of choice)
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs
with a sharp knife, if necessary. Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts
and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the
metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do
not stack them flat on top of each other).
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure
valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum
foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR)
by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the
Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs
with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
- Pre-heat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions. Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.